Keep your furniture in optimal condition with self storage
Do you have a lot of furniture to store or do you plan to store it for a longer period? Then self storage is a much better option than keeping them in a garage or a basement.
When do you need furniture storage?
In many situations, furniture storage can make your life easier.
If you’re moving house and there is a gap between selling and moving into your new home.
- If you are downsizing and some of your furniture no longer fits into your new, smaller home.
- If you are renovating or redecorating your home, keeping furniture safe and out of the way in storage means the work can be done faster.
If you simply want to declutter or free up space around the house.
- If you want to rent your house out while you’re abroad and you wish to keep your furniture clean and safe for when you return.
How do I rent furniture storage?
Step 1. Search for “furniture storage near me”
We have 36 convenient locations near main roads and public transport in Stockholm, Södertälje, Uppsala, Göteborg, Malmö, Lund, Helsingborg, Örebro, Östergötland and Västmanland. So you can always find one near you!
Enter your postcode or location in the search box below to find a Shurgard storage centre near you.
Find storage near you (enter postcode or location)
Step 2. Pick the right storage unit size for your furniture
At Shurgard, our storage units range in size from 1 to 30 m² and are approximately 10 feet high. The storage unit size that you need will of course depend on how much furniture you want to store.
For a studio flat, you will normally need a storage unit of around 4 to 5 m².
- For storing the furniture of a 2 bedroom house, a storage unit between 7 to 8 m² is ideal.
- For an average 3 bedroom house, you will normally need a storage unit of around 10 m².
Use our storage size calculator to work out exactly what storage size you need!
Step 3. Reserve your storage unit
To secure the prices and promotions of your storage unit, you can reserve it online. It’s free and without any obligation to rent.
You can complete the rental of your storage unit online – it only take a few minutes and you can skip the paperwork on your move in day.
Step 4. Prep your furniture for storage
Whether you are planning to store your furniture for just a few months or for a longer period, packing up your furniture correctly is essential for preserving its condition.
- Clean your furniture
This is important to keep your furniture in pristine condition while it’s packed away. Make sure your furniture is free of damp, mold and debris before packing up.
- Make your furniture less bulky
Many furniture items can be made smaller, such as bed frames, bookcases, wardrobes or tables. This will make them easier to transport and helps maximise the space in your storage unit. Make sure to put screws and small parts into a bag and tape it to the item so you can find them back when needed.
- Protect your furniture
Cover and pad furniture with protective materials to keep them in good condition during the moving process and while in storage. Remove cushions from the sofa and wrap or place them in plastic bags.
Step 5. Move into your storage unit
If you haven’t signed your contract online, you can complete your rental contract in the store. Our store manager will fill in the contract with you, show you the unit and answer any questions you may have.
This will take about 15-30 minutes, so make sure you arrive at least 30 minutes before closing time.
How much does furniture storage cost?
The price you will pay for storing your furniture depends on a number of factors:
- The storage unit size you need
Prices for larger units are usually higher, so it’s important to find a storage unit that matches your needs. We have storage unit sizes up to 30 m². Typically the larger the storage unit, the cheaper the square foot.
The location of your storage facility
The closer you are to city centre, the higher furniture storage prices will be. If you don’t need regular access to your unit, it’s worth considering a location further away from the city centre for cheaper storage prices.
The replacement value of your stored items
Most storage providers will require you to take out a goods coverage policy for your furniture whilst in storage. The cost of goods coverage will depend on the replacement value of your stored furniture.
Why store your furniture at Shurgard?
There are many reasons why customers rely on Shurgard for furniture storage:
- Never pay for more than you need – with storage units ranging from 1 to 30 m², you can always find the perfect unit size for your furniture.
- Our storage units are dry and clean – this is essential to keep your furniture in optimal condition.
- Rent for as long or short as you need – our storage units are available to rent as from one week to as long as you may need.
- Security - only you have access to your unit, you get your own personal access code, your own lock and key, plus all our sites have CCTV.
- Help from self storage experts – our store managers can advise you on the size of unit you’ll need and on how to best store your furniture.
Free online reservation – you can easily reserve your unit online without any obligation to rent.
- Online rental – you can easily rent your unit online. It’s safe, easy and you can head straight to your unit on the day you move in.
- No deposit – unlike other storage providers, we don’t charge deposits - one thing less to worry about when you store your furniture.
- No need to go elsewhere for packing materials – we have dust covers, bubble wrap and blankets to protect your furniture in the best possible way.
We detected a slow network and loaded a static map.
Tap here to enable the interactive map.